Tuesday, 9 October 2012
17p Large Scotch Eggs
This past weekend I knew i was going to be out with friends most of the day Saturday and Sunday, so i prepared a few things for a picnic. these were one of the most popular items.
£1.40 for 8 - 17p each
Recipe for 8, keeps well in fridge for 3-5 days
1. Place 12 sausages to defrost in the fridge the day before.
2. Boil 8 eggs for 10 min in salted water.
3. Place eggs in cold water and allow to cool
4. Peel of shell and dry off
5. Roll in flour (10g)
6. Cover each Egg in 1 1/2 sausages (skins removed)
7. Roll in stuffing
allow to rest for 30min before baking to prevent the sausage meat from shrinking around the egg during cooking.
8. Bake at 180C for 10-15 min (or until golden brown)
allow to cool before refrigerating.
It's all about STARVING STUDENT SURVIVAL! - Mags, x
Tesco Everyday Value 20 Sausages 1Kg £1.00 £0.40
Tesco Everyday Value Stuffing 85G £0.15 £0.15
Tesco Everyday Value Eggs Box Of 15 £1.50 £0.80
Tesco Everyday Value Plain Flour 1.5Kg £0.52 £0.03