I apologise for neglecting the page recently, im sure you understnad that as students workload really does fluctuate.
Here is something extra easy, 36p tomato pasta with cheese:
8 ingedients, couldn't be simpler. makes 2 large servings
1 Tbsp oil
1 med Onion
1 dorot garlic cube
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 canned tomatoes
1 tsp of sugar (takes away acidity in canned tomatoes)
1 stock cube
1/2 bag pasta
1. Chop onion and place in the pan with oil, allow to cook slowly untill brown. 3-5 min
2. Add garlic, cook for a further 1-2 min (don't let it burn or it will taste bitter)
3. add canned tomatoes, mixed herbs, stock cube and suger. simmer without a lid for 10-15 min, till liquid is reduced and thickened sightly
4. once sauce is simmering put past into boiling water. cook till it isn't quite done, still a little hard.
5. drain pasta at this stage and add sauce, contue to cook together for a further 3-5 min. this finishes cooking the pasta and adheres the sause to it.
6. serve with a teaspoon of parmesan.
Tate and lyle Granulated Sugar 1Kg Packet £0.88 > 1p
Tesco Everyday Value chicken stock cubes £0.10 £0.01
Dorot Crushed Garlic 80G £1.00 £0.05
Tesco Everyday Value Tomatoes 400G £0.31 £0.31
Tesco Pure Vegetable Oil 1 Litre £1.39 £0.02
Tesco Everyday Value penne 500G £0.30 £0.15
Tesco Everyday Value Onions [12-15]Pack £0.69 £0.05
Tesco Everyday Value Mixed Herbs 30G £0.99 £0.03
Sainsbury’s Basics Hard Cheese 250g £2.78 £0.05